Sep 4, 2011

Contre Jour: My current favorite iPad game - a good example of touchable, movable multimedia

Contre Jour is a game developed for the iPad by Chillingo.  It is my current favorite game, partly because it is a great example of how the power of a touch interface can be harnessed.

The beauty of this game is that it provides a natural means of scaffolding how the tools are used, so that as the player progresses, the learning curve feels almost effortless. In the game, the character is controlled through the player's ability to manipulate and move the environment. The underlying physics is intriguing.

Contre Jour was  inspired by children's book, Little Prince, but in this game, the "prince" is a cute little eyeball character.   In the game,  each chapter/world has a musical theme, and the music integrates with the game's visuals and "movements"  to provide a relaxing ambience.

To learn more, take a look at the following video about Contre Jour.  I'm happy I spent a few dollars to buy the app!



I'll post more about this game as I play it!

No comments: