Jun 12, 2008

Off-topic: Now I know why some people think I'm a Microsoft shill!

A while ago, I posted a response on another blog, and someone mistakenly thought that I was a Microsoft shill. Me?!

Now I know why.



When I was looking at my blog stats, I noticed that one of my visitors found a recent post via a Google search on microsoft new interactive technology. Curiously, the post was at the very top of the list:

New Interactive Technology: Tag Galaxy, Windows 7, PaperVision 3D, Microsoft Surface, Touch Screens, and Blog Posts Revisited

Results 1 - 10 of about 29,600,000 for microsoft new interactive technology. (0.12 seconds)

How did my post beat out over 29 million pages on the web?!

I've had an Apple computer, in one form or another, since 1985. When I decided to take a programming class a few years ago, I soon realized I had to adapt to the Windows world. I like C#, Silverlight, WPF, and XNA Game Studio. This does not make me a Microsoft shill.

I just happen to be overly passionate about interactive displays of all sizes, and fascinated with the possibilities of mult-touch. iPhones, touch-tables, touch-walls, devices that interact with displays (think Johnny Chung Lee), gesture + touch, urban screens, interactive exhibits, interactive way-finding... and the multimedia applications that support this sort of interaction.

I've written several posts about Apple's new technologies, like the iPod Touch and the new 3G iPhone. I'll be writing more about Apple as they research and develop flat panel displays:

"Apple is looking for a Senior Panel Process Engineer to lead the engineering activities to develop the new process and design for the multi-touch panel used in Apple products. This individual will serve as a focal point in the designing and the process development of advanced multi-touch panels from the concept to the product ramp.
"

I'd say I'm more of a cheerleader for all of those out there who are working so hard to create useful+cool technology for the future.

Update:
The Next Generation HP TouchSmart PC
The new TouchSmart PC's, which can display high definition content, aren't out on the market yet. HP is taking pre-orders.

NextWindow, a company that produces large interactive touch-screen displays, including those with multi-touch capabilities, was responsible for the touch-screen embedded in the TouchSmart PC.

Related:
The image “http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/feature_stories/2008/images/08connect_touchsmart-1_thumb.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
HP Redefines Home Computing, Putting the Digital Lifestyle at People's Fingertips with New TouchSmart PC's

HP Introduces World's First Affordable Color-critical Display




No comments: