Apr 10, 2012

Update: Daughter's recovery from sepsis, and public awareness video about sepsis

My daughter is recovering from sepsis, which came on suddenly and required a week in the hospital. It was serious, and I am thankful she is getting stronger each day. I will resume regular blogging soon.


I am posting the following video about Sepsis as my effort to promote public awareness about sepsis. I haven't had time to fact-check the information in the video. It is from the Sepsis Alliance website. With awareness, more lives will be saved. 


 


3 comments:

Harry van der Veen said...

Hi Lynn, I'm sorry to hear that you and your family had to go through this. I'm happy she is ok! As I told you a few weeks back, you have so many things to be grateful for and in these times you once again realize that.

Lynn Marentette said...

My daughter is doing much better, thanks to the hard work of the medical team on the intermediate care unit at Presbyterian Hospital, Matthews, the ER team, and the medical staff at the urgent care facility who recommended going to the ER.

Anonymous said...

My mom died not to long ago from Sepsis. What she went through in that 3 days was terrible. I hope and pray that they find a cure for this as nobody should ever have to go through that.