May 1, 2011

Play with Dynamic Views of my Blog: Snapshot, Mosaic, Timeslide, Sidebar, and Flipcard via the Chrome Browser

I've never been comfortable locked into the linear format of a blog.   Although I get excited about the latest emerging technologies, interfaces, and interaction design, and want to keep up with the breaking news,  I am also very much interested in the stories behind the technologies.  I want to share history of ideas leading up to innovative research and new ways of conceptualizing the way people create (and use) technology.    I want to share stories about the people related to the technology - those who create it, and those who use it.  I also want to share stories related to context-  including ways various technologies are transforming and converging, and how all of this mix is impacts the bigger picture.


I have often wondered how I could provide visitors to my blog an opportunity to discover the depth, breadth, and richness of my labor of love for the past 5 years.  From what I can tell, this might be possible through the use of the new Dynamic Views extension for the Chrome browser.   


If you are interested in exploring this topic further, take a look at the links and video below. I've also provided screenshots of my blog, with corresponding links to the various dynamic views of the Interactive Multimedia Technology blog.


Fresh new perspectives for your blog
Antin Harasymiv, Blogger Buzz, 3/31/11
Dynamic Views, the Chrome Extension
Mike Lawther, Blogger Buzz, 4/4/11


Information about dynamic views from Blogger:
All about dynamic views for readers
All about dynamic views for authors






Here are examples of the various views of my blog provided by the Dynamic Views extension for the Chrome browser.  I've included direct links for each view for those of you who do not have the extension.  (I am not sure if the links will work in other browsers.)


SNAPSHOT
http://interactivemultimediatechnology.blogspot.com/view/snapshot






















MOSAIC
http://interactivemultimediatechnology.blogspot.com/view/mosaic
TIMESLIDE
http://interactivemultimediatechnology.blogspot.com/view/timeslide
SIDEBAR
http://interactivemultimediatechnology.blogspot.com/view/sidebar
FLIPCARD
http://interactivemultimediatechnology.blogspot.com/view/flipcard

RELATED
Quotes from the Dynamic Views extension page:

"Blogger now provides five new dynamic views for public blogs. These new views use the latest in web technology, including AJAX, HTML5 and CSS3, to deliver a host of benefits:


Infinite scrolling: read more posts without having to reload or click to a second page
New layouts:       different views suited to different types of blogs
Speed:                 download images as you view them, not all at once in advance
Interactivity:         there are now more ways to experience and engage with blog content"


"This extension notifies you if you're on a Blogger blog and lets you quickly view the blog content in one of the new five dynamic views. Simply click on the Blogger icon when it appears, select the view, and you'll be redirected appropriately."

No comments: