Oct 28, 2008

HP to launch TouchSmart Developer's Kit! via Rich Brown at CNET Crave's Blog

If you follow my blog, you know that I have a TouchSmart, and that I'm a little obsessed about surface-gesture-touch-screen-multi-touch-multi-user computing....

Here is some good news!

http://lh6.ggpht.com/serge.v3/SGPaSZExeLI/AAAAAAAAAkE/t1c9HjUTylI/jpgFFC.png
According to a recent article from Rich Brown's Crave blog (CNET news), programming guidelines for the TouchSmart require developers to be know C# and Windows Presentation Foundation. That's great for me, since I can program in C# and I've been playing with WPF for nearly a year.



Despite what Rich Brown says, I know that the TouchSmart has at least duo-touch capabilities, since the touch-screen technology was provided by NextWindow, and the TouchSmart has been used for multi-touch demos created by FingerTapps. It is possible for the TouchSmart to handle input from multiple mice, too.

Hopefully Windows 7 will make it easier for developers to harness the power of the TouchSmart. I have so many ideas I'd like to see come to fruition.

If you go to the HP website, you can join the HP TouchSmart developer community.

No comments: